Steve ‘did it hurt - a little’ Rogers
#/SCREAMS ABOUT HOW SKINNY!STEVE’S CHRONIC PAIN PROBABLY FUCKED UP HIS PERCEPTION OF PAIN FOR LIFE #STEVE ROGERS ‘OKAY YEAH THAT’S UNPLEASANT’ WOULD PARALYSE ANYONE ELSE #AND THAT’S NOT THE SERUM #THAT’S SKINNY STEVE THROUGH AND THROUGH (via beccabuchanans)
Don’t even start me on the fact he’s spent his whole life trying not to make a big deal of when he’s ill. He doesn’t want pity or sympathy. He doesn’t wanted to be treated like he’s weak. He doesn’t want to be looked down on because ‘he can’t take it’.
You only ever hear Steve Rogers scream once, and when he thinks people think he’s being weak, he stops and never screams again. Not unless you count the moment he sees Bucky fall to his death.
Check out Meghan Tonjes’s performance of “The Fault Is in Our Stars” from this year’s VidCon — it will bowl you over with the emotions and the feelings and the gorgeousnesses.
I need feminism because girls literally get demonized for liking pumpkin flavored things???? ok?????????????
Summer break: day 98
The sunrise this morning was like something out of a movie. (at Portland State Campus Rec)
Special skills: extensive Harry Potter knowledge, can watch an entire TV show in a week, knows words to every Disney song, can form abnormally strong attachments to fictional characters, Microsoft Word
So you mean, able to retain knowledge, has incredible focus and drive, excellent at processing media, remembers obscure details when needed, and has great skill at creating connections with individuals despite minimal interfacing?
And Microsoft Word?
"After wrapping Guardians of the Galaxy I was very homesick and I was coming home to my wife and my son, who at the time was 13 months old. My wife told me ‘Hey, listen there’s a chance he may not recognize you and he may be a little shy’ and so I came in there, and he just sat right up and had this big smile on his face. He started saying ‘Daddy, daddy, daddy!’ and I just started to cry. He saw the tears in my eyes and started doing bits to make me laugh and that just made me cry more."
- Chris Pratt on the best day of his life.
Sorry, grangrdangr. I am also in one of those phases and desperately trying to tell it to fuck off.
So firstly, I try to identify what exactly it is I feel rubbish about. It tends to be more specific than just, I don’t feel confident today. This isn’t fun but it helps me move away from the I DON’T FEEL CONFIDENT BECAUSE I AM HORRIBLE EVERYTHING IS AWFUL pov towards SOME THINGS ARE AWFUL. e.g.: I feel incompetent, I feel ugly, I feel lonely, I feel like people hate me/I’ve upset them/I’ve disappointed them.
Secondly, (if possible) identify how those things are operating. I tend to get stuck in cycles of these sorts of thoughts, but there are times when it’s just one nagging thing in the background, or if I do a particular task/action/inaction then I get sucked into it. Sometimes I just have to let it run its course. (I’m sure there’s a better way and this presupposes the awareness that it’s a temporary thing, but yeah.)
Thirdly, I follow these little routines:
1. I moisturise and hydrate. Honestly, I don’t know what it is about moisturising and hydrating but they make me feel so much more at peace. Also, putting on freshly laundered clothes, sleeping in fresh sheets, etc. These actions pull me out of the lethargic aspect of feeling shit.
2. I go for a walk or a run. It doesn’t have to be a long one, 15 minutes will do. On rainy days like today it’s not always possible, or if you feel particularly shit at 2am it’s not always possible, but fresh air helps.
3. I tell myself (and here you have the right to laugh at me if you wish) that smart people who love me are going to have my back. Yes, that’s a line from TWW but it has been enormously helpful in my development. It means you don’t have to pinpoint exactly who loves you but it’s a general assertion of some kind of confidence in how things will turn out, not because of your personal capability but because of who you are. Even if you don’t believe it at first, you get there, and suddenly this weird little TV mantra has all sorts of power.
4. I do my very very best to be kind to myself. It’s okay to not feel confident but it’s not necessarily a permanent thing. Give yourself time to get back to that place. Recognise your progress. Be kind to yourself.
I realize only one person will be damaged beyond repair if Peeta dies.
okay so if harry potter was born in 1980, and went to hogwarts in like 91, that means he was in his sixth year in 1996
do you think he knew about the spice girls? i mean.. i know he had shit going on with horcruxes that year but wannabe isn’t something that happens without you taking note of it
i love fall colors and fall drinks and fall activities and fall weather and fall clothes but most of all i love fall out boy
I never noticed she drew people surrounding the flower
“COMPLIMENTS THAT AREN’T ABOUT PHYSICAL APPEARANCE
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people.”